Call for Submissions
About the LICHTER ART AWARD
The LICHTER ART AWARD, now entering its second decade, was founded in 2011. It is an international competition with a curated exhibition. Its goal is to present the most recent and multifaceted artistic film and video art works from the contemporary visual arts. The past winners of the LICHTER ART AWARD were Luciana Lamothe (Argentina, 2011), Oliver Husain (Canada, 2012), John Skoog (Sweden 2013), Bertrand Flanet (France, 2014), Jonathan Van Essche (Belgium, 2015), James N. Kienitz Wilkins (USA, 2016), Tobi Sauer (Germany 2017), Jakob Engel (Germany 2018) and Andrew de Freitas (Canada / Brazil). The 2020 winner will be announced in December on the occasion of the exhibition opening at basis e.V. in Frankfurt am Main.
LICHTER is pleased to call again for submissions of audiovisual works of all genres. An international jury chooses five finalists whose works will be shortlisted and exhibited during the LICHTER Filmfest in 2021. The winner, also appointed by the jury, will be honoured with the LICHTER Art Award, a prize endowed with 1,000 Euros.
PLEASE read carefully the TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All visual artists, film directors, art and film students can take part in the competition. Only works that use film or video as the main medium will be accepted. All established formats are accepted. Special formats or room installation must be discussed in advance with the curator Saul Judd.
- The finished work must be submitted by February 15, 2021.
- The competition entry form shall be filled only electronically
- The work should be new or not older than 1 year from the date of the submission. And be designed as a single-channel projection or a room installation.
- The following information should be sent as PDF (MAXIMUM 5 pages) to this email: LAA@lichter-filmfest.de if not available on a website. If available on a website, please send us the link only: 1- a project description 2 - a short artist biography 3 - a brief visual documentation of 3 previous works.
IMPORTANT: The LICHTER ART AWARD is not a laboratory - it is a showcase for finished works (please do not send in trailer or excerpt). We will accept all established formats. In case that the work requires a special presentation format or is a room installation please contact the curator, via e-mail, in advance.
- ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- ONLY ONE WORK PER PARTICIPANT WILL BE ACCEPTED
For any further inquiries contact the curator of the LICHTER ART AWARD Saul Judd: firstname.lastname@example.org
LICHTER Filmfest, Leipziger Strasse 9 - 60487 Frankfurt am Main - Germany