Call for Submissions
14th LICHTER ART AWARD
The LICHTER ART AWARD, now in its 14th edition is an international competition with a prize money of 1000 Euros and a curated exhibition. Its goal is to present the most recent and multifaceted artistic film and video artworks from the contemporary visual arts and film.
The past winners of the LICHTER ART AWARD were Luciana Lamothe (Argentina, 2011), Oliver Husain (Canada, 2012), John Skoog (Sweden 2013), Bertrand Flanet (France, 2014), Jonathan Van Essche (Belgium, 2015), James N. Kienitz Wilkins (USA, 2016), Tobi Sauer (Germany 2017), Jakob Engel (Germany 2018), Andrew de Freitas (Canada / Brazil, 2019), Florencia Levy (Argentina, 2020) Frankfurter Hauptschule (Germany, 2021) Alice Brygo (France 2022) and in 2023 Eunhee Lee (South Korea).
An international jury of experts will select five finalists from all submissions, whose work will be exhibited during the festival. The award winner will be announced at a festive award ceremony and can look forward to a prize money of 1000 euros!
Please read carefully the TERMS AND CONDITIONS below.
All visual artists, film directors, art and film students can take part in the competition. Only works that use film or video as the main medium will be accepted. All established formats are accepted. Special formats or room installation must be discussed in advance with the curator Saul Judd.
· The finished work must be submitted by January 31st, 2024.
· The work should be new or not older than 1 year from the date of the submission deadline. And be designed as a single-channel projection or a room installation.
· The following information should be sent as PDF (MAXIMUM 5 pages) to this email: LAA@lichter-filmfest.de if not available on a website. If available on a website, please send us the link
- Project description
- Short artist biography
- Brief visual documentation of 3 previous works.
Important: Please do not send a portfolio. The work must be completed (no trailers, clips, etc.).
· Only one work per participant will be accepted
The application must be submitted electronically using the form below.
For any further inquiries contact the curator of the LICHTER ART AWARD Saul Judd: email@example.com