Call for Submissions
The LICHTER ART AWARD, now in its second decade, was founded in 2011. It is an international competition with a curated exhibition. Its goal is to present the most recent and multifaceted artistic film and video art works from the contemporary visual arts in relation to film. The past winners of the LICHTER ART AWARD were: 2011 - Luciana Lamothe (Argentina), 2012 - Oliver Husain (Canada), 2013 - John Skoog (Sweden), 2014 - Bertrand Flanet (France), 2015 - Jonathan Van Essche (Belgium), 2016 - James N. Kienitz Wilkins (USA), 2017 - Tobi Sauer (Germany), 2018 - Jakob Engel (Germany), 2019 Andrew de Freitas (Canada / Brazil), 2020 - Florencia Levy (Argentina) and in 2021 - Frankfurter Hauptschule ( Germany).
LICHTER is pleased to call again for submissions of audiovisual works of all genres. An international jury will nominate five finalists whose works will be shortlisted and exhibited during the LICHTER Filmfest in 2022. The winner will be honoured with the LICHTER Art Award, a prize endowed with 1,000 Euros.
PLEASE read carefully the TERMS AND CONDITIONS below.
All visual artists, film directors, art and film students can take part in the competition. Only works that use film or video as the main medium will be accepted. All established formats are accepted. Special formats or room installation must be discussed in advance with the curator Saul Judd.
· The finished work must be submitted by March 1st, 2022.
· The competition entry form shall be filled only electronically
· The work should be new or not older than 1 year from the date of the submission deadline. And be designed as a single-channel projection or a room installation.
· The following information should be sent as PDF (MAXIMUM 5 pages) to this email: LAA@lichter-filmfest.de if not available on a website. If available on a website, please send us the link
only: 1- a project description 2 - a short artist biography 3 - a brief visual documentation of 3 previous works.
IMPORTANT: The LICHTER ART AWARD is not a laboratory - it is a showcase for finished works (please do not send in trailer or excerpt). We will accept all established formats. In case that the work requires a special presentation format or is a room installation please contact the curator, via e-mail, in advance.
· ONLY ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
· ONLY ONE WORK PER PARTICIPANT WILL BE ACCEPTED
For any further inquiries contact the curator of the LICHTER ART AWARD Saul Judd: firstname.lastname@example.org
LICHTER Filmfest, Leipziger Strasse 9 - 60487 Frankfurt am Main - Germany