This year, the 14th LICHTER Filmfest Frankfurt International will take place as an online festival. We are moving part of our festival programme to the streaming platform Festival Scope. The selection will be available during the original festival period until the 9th of May 2020.
You can find the LICHTER-On-Demand program here: https://lichter-filmfest.de/en/program
This is our streaming platform: online.lichter-filmfest.de
Any further questions concerning LICHTER-On-Demand? We provide the answers.
Which films can I watch via LICHTER-On-Demand?
All films in the LICHTER-On-Demand program can be found on our website under the category "program“.
Does LICHTER-On-Demand cost anything?
The program consists of content that is free to watch and content that is subject to a fee:
- 8€ per feature length film (regional and international)
- 3€ per short film reel (regional and international) and medium length films
- 5€ for the LICHTER Art Award
- For the film bundles curated by different themes, prices may vary, so please refer to the website.
- 100€ per LICHTER Festival Pass, which entitles you to watch all films
- The films of the 4th VR Storytelling Award are available for free.
How can I pay?
- Choose the film you want to stream and click the "rent"-button.
- To use the "Festival Scope" platform, register for an account with a personal password. You will recieve a confirmation via e-mail and will then be able to log in with your account in order to watch the LICHTER-On-Demand program.
- Pay with your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex).
- If you do not have a credit card, please send us the amount for all the films you want to watch via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write in the reason for payment the names of the films you want to book.
If you use a different email address for the Paypal transfer than the one you registered with in online.lichter-filmfest.de, please also write the registered email address in the reason for payment. After you transfer the money, please give us 12 hours, then you can find the booked films in your library.
If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact: email@example.com
Do I need a Festival Scope account to watch the film?
No. To access the LICHTER-On-Deman program please create an account at: https://online.lichter-filmfest.de.
Do I have to pay for the LICHTER-On-Demand account?
Do I have to watch the film immediately after I have purchased it?
The film is available in your Library immediately after purchase and can be streamed until the 9th of May. As soon as the film has first been started, a 30 hour time window starts, in which it can be watched. So you do not have to watch the film immediately after you have purchased it and can choose freely when you first start watching it.
How often can I watch the film?
After the purchase is completed and you have first started the stream, you can watch your selected film within a time period of 30 hours. During this time, you can watch the film as often as you want. Films can, of course, also be paused. Please keep in mind that all films are only available until the 9th of May.
I had to take a break. Can I continue watching the film on a later date?
Yes, the film will start exactly at the point that you stopped watching/paused it. It is also possible to jump to a desired point. Please keep in mind that each film is available for 30 hours after it was first started. After this time period, the stream is no longer available.
How long are the films available?
The films are available until the 9th of May. After you have first started watching a film, it is available for 30 hours.
Which technical requirements does LICHTER-On-Demand call for?
In order to use LICHTER-On-Demand, you need a stationary computer, a laptop, a smartphone or a tablet. These devices must, of course, be connected to the Internet.
Can I watch a film on my smartphone or tablet?
Yes, you can reach LICHTER-On-Demand via the standard browser on your mobile device.
Can I download the film and watch it later?
No. LICHTER-On-Demand is only available as streams, not as downloads.
What do I do if LICHTER-On-Demand does not work?
If you have trouble buying or watching a movie, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our staff members will contact you as soon as possible to solve the problem.